Monday, January 14, 2008

FW: [Stellar Awards 2008 Candid Moments] The Question is...

 

 

From: The Giving Lady [mailto:cjackson@thegivingmovement.org]
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:22 AM
To: thegivingstore@verizon.net
Subject: [Stellar Awards 2008 Candid Moments] The Question is...

 

Friday Morning I asked the Question…. Would I be able to get into the the coveted by invitation only BMI Trailblazers Award where the tribute to The Mighty Clouds of Joy, Vanessa Bell Armstrong and Pastor Marvin Winans was about to begin.
As I began to get dressed I started thinking about some things. My husband called me to say he put BMW logos on our 22 inch tires. He said he saw the car we have and brand new it was $140,000.00. Baby I released the phone line and began to praise God.
I thanked him for taking me from the 2 door blue Cutlas Supreme with 2 door and one didn't open. The drivers side window wouldn't let down so we could not place a order thru the drive through window . I remembered the cloth from the ceiling being off so all the black stuff was in my head. I remember having to put a plug together under the hood to get the car to START ( now I push a start BUTTON. I remember having to plug in a fan and hope it would blow now I have my own side of air to control. All I can say is GLOOORRRRRYYY. Okay back to the story.
We got in the car and the taxi driver looked lost. We are got in the car and I felt uncomfortable with the taxi driver. I felt like she didn't know where we were going so I kindly asked her to take me back to the hotel. She said you are making me uncomfortable, I said you are making me uncomfortable and I don't think you know how to get to the place so she turned the car around and we went back to the beautiful Gaylord hotel.

When we pulled back up there they were….. getting ready to pull off and I jumped out the car and started to scream hello ( child I didn't even know who he was) I knew he had won a Stellar Award in 2006 and I knew he was headed to the BMI luncheon. I asked for a ride and he said yes. His name was Mark Howard. Along the ride he asked me to be his manager. LOL. I just went along for the ride. Cause it was FREE not $50.00 that the taxi driver was going to charge me and Brenda. To be continued…..

--
Posted By The Giving Lady to Stellar Awards 2008 Candid Moments at 1/12/2008 07:21:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment