Sunday, November 9, 2008

Dallas Rocks with Russell Simmons Charity Gala

This weekend was incredible! I had the opportunit to interview Stars that shine right in Dallas Texas. Not because they are on Dancing with the Stars but because they give and make peoples eyes light up. The one and only Russell Simmons brought Dallas Rocks to our city and the red carpet was filled with people to honor the one and only Magic Johnson for his life of philanthropy.

Emmitt and Pat Smith were the co-chairs and Pat Smith was radiant as ever. Ray Crockett and his wife also chaired the event. I never dreamed I would be sitting at the table with the most prominent stars in the world, but I was there. I read something by Pat Reinke that sums up the evening and I want to share it with you its called BOLDY BE-


Whatever it is in you to be, whatever you love is your fire.
Ignite it, Trust it; it is a gift born of your spirit.
Be it in words, dance, colors, or a song...
Have ABSOLUTE faith in what you have been given; chase it, no matter how elusive;
Be it...however challenging; PURSUE it without pause;
seek to .... BOLDLY BE watever is in your heart to BE.


I have always wanted to be a philanthropist and a reporter. I have no college education but I have a heart and a spirit to connect with people. Friday night, I decided to be a reporter and I was. I had the opportunity to look into the eyes of the worlds idea of a superstar and I experienced what it must BE like to donate millions of dollars to charities. One day, very soon, I will BE one of those kinds of philanthropist.

I challenge you today to BE what others believe you can not become.
Cheryl "Action" Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment