Wednesday, October 14, 2009

MINNIE'S FOOD PANTRY DAY OUT...




October 12Th. A very important date for two reasons! 1. We were set to have our First Annual Fundraising event, Discover the Joy of Giving where we also award Philanthropist in our Community for their faithful service 2. Oprah Winfrey was in town at the Texas State Fair, hosting her show.

As you all may know, I am self-proclaimed as Oprah's #1 Fan because I've always admired her passion for giving. I've had the pleasure of interviewing Ms Winfrey in Tampa Florida during her LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE TOUR, as well as shared a stage with her at Harpo Studio's in Chicago for a little "pre recording" fun.

When I heard Oprah was coming to the State Fair of Texas, there was no doubt I'd get front row! The tickets to her show were free. First come, first serve. My crew and I arrived around 5:30 a.m. and stood in-line waiting to enter the gates at 6:00 a.m, and we stood in line again as we waited for her show to begin at 10:00 a.m.! Even though it was standing room only, our excitement kept us energized. The show producers did a great job at show casing Texas' Pride, and the crowd was amazing! The show should be airing in the next week or so, so keep your eyes open! I'll be the one on the front row, waving my Blue Cowboy hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment