Sunday, April 15, 2012

No Kid Hungry-

To say that I am honored to be a voice for the hungry is an understatement. I found out the way to get what you want is to give what you need. When I started Minnie's Food Pantry I needed food but I had just enough money to pay the first and last month's rent. I asked my husband if I could take all the unopened boxes of food to the pantry to give to the community and he said yes. Three years later, I stand in awe of what has happened with Minnie's Food Pantry. Lives have changed through the giving of something as small as a loaf of bread. As the tears flow, I want to say thank you to every person that responded to the Food Network, Hunger Hit Home documentary. Remember change begins with you and we can change the future of hungry children in OUR country. I call on everyone with a voice to be a voice. Be the change and remember if you can't feed 100 people, then FEED JUST ONE. Join Me donate $25.00 or more and your name will be added to our website as a hunger hero. Together we will achieve our goal. YES, WE CAN. Hungry to Serve, Cheryl Action Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment